Adam Tuffnell Biography
Awards, accolades, achievements, honours
- Adam is a round-the-world yachtsman who has circumnavigated the globe ‘the wrong-way’ against prevailing winds and tides
- He was one of only 12 skippers selected by Clipper to train amateur round-the-world crews from scratch to race readiness
- Principal of a successful sailing school
- Personal development coach
- Team building course leader
- Skipper of numerous offshore and ocean racing teams most recently a crew of 12 in the Fastnet 2013.
- Worked extensively for Tall Ships Youth Trust skippering young people from underprivileged backgrounds
- Presented at Royal Military Academy Sandhurst and HMS Sultan as part of armed forces officer leadership training course.
Background / History
His energy and passion for sailing was formed as a child in small dinghies and ‘globalised’ through racing the BT Global Challenge, in 2000.
Throughout his 20-year sailing career, Adam Tuffnell has sailed in some of the most hostile environments on the planet, ranging from the freezing wilderness of the Southern Ocean through to the debilitating humidity of the tropics.
He is one of a select group of sailors who have circumnavigated the world against prevailing winds and currents, a feat which until recently was considered impossible. He has faced hurricanes, collisions, flooding and the emergency medical evacuation of a crewmate.
Current / Past Roles & Positions
Adam has built a successful sailing school and trained future Round-the-World racing crews from zero-experience to a state of ocean-going readiness.
Adam's Coaching Profile
With a deeply rooted background in psychology and NLP, Adam has defined a powerful approach to leadership based on the 4 tenets of Teamwork, Leadership, Communication and Fun. Adam gets it. He knows first-hand how lonely life can feel as a leader.
It is his gift for adapting coaching to your specific needs which is key. He is skilled at getting to the nub of often deep-seated issues using humour, which allows you to confront things, while he rigorously holds you to account. Adam challenges and supports you to succeed like never before.
Adam knows ‘that’ feeling. He gets it and understands you. After coaching with Adam, you will feel refreshed and invigorated, feeling as if you’ve sailed round the world … whilst staying both warm and dry!
EFQ Coaching Programme
Learn how to fail faster in order to thrive and fly higher. Delivered over twelve weeks the Evolutionary Fast-track Qualification delivers change that coaching alone cannot.
Evolve your relationship toward failure and and gain quality restorative sleep to understand what it truly means to step beyond your comfort zone. This 12-week programme is perfect when looking for the next challenge, when needing maximum flexibility of time commitment.
If you’re feeling at a crossroads, wanting to either change direction or needing to rekindle your mental approach, then make a small investment of time and embrace your real potential.
The programme is delivered to groups, both online and face to face. Adam is available to offer the programme internationally. The online programme lasts for 12 weeks.
Adam Tuffnell Videos
FEE GUIDELINES info
After Dinner Themes:
Motivation and Inspiration