Anticipate technological disruptions to invent your future
A veteran of the digital industry, Laurent Haug is an entrepreneur and investor helping fortune 500 companies and startups navigate the opportunities and challenges presented by disruptive technologies. His job is to anticipate changes to turn them into long-term value.
Laurent Haug's videos
What Laurent Haug's clients say
"Laurent is insightful and has a background as a business doer that allows him to avoid the hype."
"The calmness, curiosity, and charisma projected by Laurent were inspiring."
"Laurent brings perspective and concrete examples on how technology changes business."
"Laurent has original ideas and follows through. It's always inspirational to sit and discuss with him."
Laurent Haug's 2022 biography
Laurent Haug’s Current / Past Roles & Positions
- TV and radio show host (Swiss National Broadcasting, TV5, Arte)
- TEDx speaker
- Presented at Google, IOC, Cap Gemini, Vinci Autoroutes, Accenture, Suez, Havas, BNP, Mc Kinsey, Swisscom, Groupama, Mylan, Nespresso, etc – Founder/Co-founder of Lift conference, Lift Lab, 200ideas, Cocomment
- Lecturer at IMD Business School and CREA Genève
- Investor in Anthemis (fintech fund) and several startups
- Laurent speaks English and French.
- Laurent loves making complex things accessible. He speaks with enthusiasm and pragmatism, making sure he is both cutting edge in content and accessible in form. He can adapt to any length, and format (keynote, interview, panel, with or without slide).
- A former event host, Laurent prides himself in never going over the allocated time.
Always interested in technology from a young age Laurent’s early career included stints at Arthur Andersen as a consultant working primarily with customers involved in banking systems. From there he moved to Pictet, the largest Swiss private bank, working on their website, intranet and extranets.
In 2005 Laurent launched his own business, LiftLab, as he believed there was a market for a company that could help others prepare and anticipate changes in technology. The need was so great that in 2006 Laurent launched the Lift Conference that offered attendees the chance to hear about these very changes. The conference has grown over the years and is often cited as “one of the highlights of the technophile’s calendar” (BBC) He stepped down from LifeLab in 2011 but remains as an advisor.
Since then Laurent has worked on numerous projects and jobs and truly lived a multitasking career.
Laurent Haug's 2022 talks & topics
What can history teach today's innovators?
A look at the historical patterns surrounding innovation. Are we right or wrong to be afraid of change? What can history tell us about job destruction and creation? Is being first the key?
New customer needs/behaviours
This talk looks at the following: – immediate satisfaction – affordability AND sustainability – social experience (clients asking for larger cabins to try clothes with friends) – new touchpoints (voice, smart interruptions, objects) – richer online experiences – end of cash (china)
Technological trends impacting the financial industry (retail banking, wealth management, insurance)
The secrets of the organisations that have been able to adapt to disruption over time
What can be found in the DNA of adaptable companies?
The innovator’s mindset: how innovative organizations think
Technological trends impacting the health industry
Laurent Haug's 2022 speaking fees
Specific fees fall within the ranges shown. These are presented as a guide only and are subject to change without notice.
To get an exact quote for your event, click the button below.