To receive the downloadable spreadsheet of the podcast list, please provide us with your name and email address below. We'll send you the list via email shortly after you submit your information.
Inspirational blind adventurer and motivational speaker
Miles Hilton Barber is an extraordinary international adventurer and explorer.
Miles Hilton-Barber's videos
What Miles Hilton-Barber's clients say
"Hearing Miles speak is truly inspirational. He is living proof of the old adage 'there's no such word as can't'."
"Miles Hilton-Barber offers a truly inspirational insight into his amazing adventures. He demonstrates, in his presentation, the energy that has driven him to achieve so much. In listening to Miles you are forced to consider the limits you have set on yourself, and to search your mind and soul as to what you could potentially achieve."
"If you have never had the privilege of hearing Miles Hilton-Barber speak then you are in for a rare treat."
"I found your talk absolutely gripping, humbling and inspirational."
Miles Hilton-Barber's 2023 biography
He has notched up an incredible number of mind blowing achievements despite losing his sight 30 years ago to a hereditary eye disease. When not setting out on another expedition, raising money for charity, he travels all over the world sharing his inspirational message through his motivational speeches – dream big and never give up.
Miles Hilton-Barber’s Background / History
Miles has achieved so much in his life he can’t fail to inspire. Here are some of his adventures:
- Climbing Mt Kilimanjaro and Mt. Blanc- Africas/Europes highest mountains
- Running the 11-day Ultra-Marathon race across China from the Gobi Desert to the Great Wall
- Completing the Coldest Marathon on Earth- the Siberian Ice Marathon
- Crossing the entire Qatar Desert non-stop day/night in 78 hours without sleep
- Circumnavigating 38,000 miles around the world using 80 different forms of transport
- Setting the Malaysian Grand Prix lap record for a blind driver in a 230kph Lotus
- Setting a new British high-altitude record for a tandem microlight (20,300 feet) with -55 Centigrade open-cockpit temperatures
- White-water rafting down the Zambezi River
- Completing more than 40 skydiving jumps
- Cage-diving with Great White Sharks
- First blind pilot to undertake a sortie of extreme aerobatics in a +600 MPH Hawker Hunter fighter jet with an ex-Red Arrows co-pilot
- Becoming the first blind person to do the solo kamikaze skeleton run down the 5G Olympic bob-sleigh track in Lillehammer, Norway
- First blind person to pilot a 340 BHP performance rated Zap Cat power boat in ocean time trials
- First blind aviator to break sound barrier- attaining speed of Mach 1.4/1,060 MPH during vertical climb to 50,000 feet in just 90 seconds in an English Electric Lightning fighter jet.
- First blind person to participate in a drag-racing event, driving a supercharged machine at Britains Santa Pod drag track
Awards, Accolades, Achievements & Honours
- Competing in the hottest ultra-marathon on earth across Death Valley California.
- Circumnavigating 38,000 miles around the world using 80 different forms of transport.
- First blind pilot to undertake a 55-day, 21,000 kilometre microlight flight from London to Sydney
- Man-hauling a sledge over 250 miles across Antarctica
- Completing The Toughest Foot-race on Earth 150 miles across the Sahara Desert.
- Climbing to 17,500 feet in the Himalayas
Miles Hilton Barber is a wonderful storyteller who uses his experiences as an international adventurer to motivate and inspire others. Miles lost his sight in his early twenties, but soon realised that although he had no control over his blindness he did have control over his response to it.
His first adventure was running five and a half marathons in six days despite not having any running experience. Since then he has embraced the unknown, undertaking a huge variety of expeditions and endurance events all over the world to raise awareness and money for charity.
He says his adventures teach him something new every time. He now puts that experience to good use as a Motivational Development Manager for the Royal National Institute for the Blind and as a popular speaker at corporate events taking as his themes; the importance of taking risks, living life without limits and not being afraid to fail.
Miles Hilton-Barber's 2023 speaking fees
- United Kingdom
Specific fees fall within the ranges shown. These are presented as a guide only and are subject to change without notice.
To get an exact quote for your event, click the button below.