Natasha Kaplinsky Biography
An experienced and popular newsreader and presenter, Natasha Kaplinsky is also known for winning BBC One’s Strictly Come Dancing in 2004.
Currently working on a freelance basis with ITV News, she is in demand as a speaker and as an awards host, her natural charm and ability to connect to an audience captivating listeners from all backgrounds.
Currently working on a freelance basis for ITV News, Natasha Kaplinsky is one of the UKs best-known and most respected newsreaders. During her career, she has worked for numerous channels and has presented major news bulletins on BBC One. In 2004, Kaplinsky won the first series of Strictly Come Dancing with dance partner Brendan Cole; in the same year, she was presented with numerous awards, including the prestigious Newscaster of the Year award from the Television and Radio Industries Club (TRIC).
Having begun her career in television hosting youth show F2F alongside Sacha Baron Cohen, Kaplinsky soon realised that she was drawn to news reading and began working for Meridian news. In such roles, ability speaks for itself and after three short years she transferred to the ITV News network and then onto Sky News Live at Five and Sunrise shows. It was during Kaplinskys involvement with the channel that it was awarded the Best News Channel BAFTA.
Kaplinsky joined the BBC Breakfast team in 2002 and made a number of appearances as a news reader on the News at Six, the Ten OClock News and the One OClock News. In 2007, she moved to Five News, where she remained until 2010. Since 2011, she has occupied her current role as a freelance news reader for ITV News. During her career, Kaplinsky has appeared on numerous TV shows and presented live and charity events, many of which are listed below in our Positions and Honours section.
Awards, Accolades, Achievements, Honours
- Freelance presenter ITV News (2011 present)
- Panellist ITV That Sunday Night Show (2011)
- Presenter ITV New Year coverage (2011)
- Host ITV Born to Shine (2011)
- Presenter Five News (2008 2010)
- Cameo BBC Torchwood (2008)
- Featured celebrity – BBC Who Do You Think You Are (2007)
- Presenter BBC Ten O’Clock News (2006 2007)
- Presenter BBC New Year Live (2006, 2007)
- Host BBC Children in Need (2005, 2006)
- Host BBC Strictly African Dancing (2005)
- Newscaster of the Year – Tric Awards (2004)
- Strictly Come Dancing Victory – Top Entertainment Moment (2004)
- Contestant/winner BBC Strictly Come Dancing (2004)
- TV Personality of the Year – Variety Club (2004)
- Panellist BBC Have I Got News For You (2003)
- Presenter BBC Breakfast (2002 2005)
- Co-presenter Sky News Live at Five/Sunrise (2000 2002)
- Cameo BBC My Hero (2000 2006)
- Host – ITV London Today/London Tonight (1999 2000)
- Host – Granada Talk TV F2F/Meridian Tonight (1996 1999)
- Patron – Merlin Patron – The Willow Foundation
Current/Past Roles and Positions
- Television presenter
- Winner of Strictly Come Dancing 2004
Warm, human and adaptable, Natasha is an obvious choice for an awards host or conference moderator.