Sameer Dua Biography
Sameer Dua is the world’s leading authority on Declaring Breakdowns, a powerful leadership move.
His best selling book on this subject continues to be used as study material by several management and leadership institutes globally. Sameer’s second book, “Become: The Five Critical Leadership Conversational Practices that Shift ‘Who You Be’ as a Leader” became the #1 book on Amazon in 5 different categories within the first 6 hours.
- Listed by Thinkers50 (the world’s most reliable resource for identifying, ranking, and sharing leading management ideas) in the global list of 30 management thinkers to watch, and those who will shape the future of business. The Thinkers50 listing is considered to be “the Oscars of Management Thinking” by the Financial Times, UK.
- Founder, Institute for Generative Leadership, India.
- Founder, Gift Your Organ Foundation (GYO). Amongst many other successes in the last 8 years, GYO introduced the Green heart Drivers’ License project in the states of Karnataka and Maharashtra along with these respective state governments in India. In Karnataka, the number of pledges increased 7 fold in a matter of 7 months; and the number of organ transplantations has doubled, year on year. The federal government in India has adopted this project in March 2018 to be implemented across all states in India.
- Founder and Chief Curator, India Business Literature Festival.
- Bestselling Author: “Declaring Breakdowns: Powerfully creating a future that matters, through 6 simple steps” published by Sage Publishing. This book went into its second print within the first week of its launch, and has been published in in two more languages: Hindi and Marathi. Several leadership and management institutes globally use this book as a part of their curriculum.
- Bestselling Author: “Become: The 5 Critical Conversational Practices that Shift ‘Who You Be’ as a Leader” published by Harper Business, an imprint of Harper Collins Publishers. In the first 6 hours, “Become” became a bestseller in 6 different categories on Amazon.
- Leadership faculty member, Naval Higher Command Course, a program for senior officers of the armed forces (Indian Army, Indian Navy and Indian Air Force) at the Naval War College, Goa.
- 26 years of experience in the field of management and leadership education, and worked with program participants from 52 different countries.
- Set up and led institutions in India and in the UK, and worked with top global universities from the US and the UK.
- Clients include organizations like Mercedes Benz, John Deere, Siemens, NetApp, T-Systems, BMC Software, Jungheinrich, Elringklinger, Wipro, ResourcePro, Amdocs, Schaeffler, Faurecia, Volvo, Reliance, amongst many other top global and Indian organisations.
- Received the Micro Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) Business Tycoon Award 2017 by Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (Oldest, leading, largest and apex chamber of commerce and industry of India), Bangalore Chapter.
- TEDx Speaker.
Sameer Dua Videos
FEE GUIDELINES info
Testimonials for Sameer Dua
“I must say Sameer, you have a great way of motivating people and kept the group on our toes all through the three days. Most participants, including me hung on to every word you were saying. You are inspirational and I enjoyed every moment of the Program. I look forward to working with you and my team for the next 11 months. I do believe this Program will help me clear the cobwebs in my head and help me regain my confidence. Sheeja added a wonderful dimension to the Program.”
“Having worked in the field of education for nearly 30 years and had the opportunity to work with a vast and diverse collection of leaders from the arenas of education and business/industry, I am very excited about the Leadership Coaching program Sameer Dua has developed for current and future leaders. His focus on the need for authenticity and his recognition of the importance of language and context elevate this training program above the others with which I am familiar.
‘Congratulations to Sameer Dua – this program is a winner!'”
“The Being of a Leader” program nicely combines input with practice and it does something that other programs do not do: it ensures continuity and learning throughout a period of time which allows participants to make self-reflection an inherent part of their individual growth. This concept paired with Sameer’s experience in Leadership Development and the wonderful person I got to know him as, will have a strong impact and will give a new perspective to leaders in making sustainable differences.”
“I wanted to say ‘Thank You’ to you for delivering a impactful session and today I went through the complete slide deck you had shared for the team. This was a good reiteration and I will keep on referring it at regular intervals till this is in my blood. Thanks again.”
“Sameer’s passion of teaching this subject and the way he motivates people in such training sessions, is just amazing. The way the last session on the third daywas conducted, including a group dance and activity at the end, was really mind-blowing and everybody was completely charged-up. I have never experienced that in my life!”
“We as a management team are currently going through a major change where we need to revise our current strategy in order to maintain our success in the future. Therefore we have done an incredible workshop with Sameer, which opened up the eyes and mindset of everyone of us in a really different and very powerful way. I am absolutely convinced that this workshop will support all organisations and individuals going through important changes to achieve the desired targets.”
“During the course of my work of over 22+ years at various large organizations like Wipro, Microsoft & IBM, I have been a part of many training programs on leadership. However, “The Being of a Leader” program of Sameer Dua Training, intrinsically a Leadership Coaching program, is very different from the other Leadership programs.
This program works on “self transformation” that when applied to your professional or personal life dictates miraculous results.
I can state that the participants of this program can be guaranteed of a change that instills self belief, which is so critical to one’s performance resulting in exceptional success at work or in personal life.”
“Sameer Dua has made a profound and a lasting difference in the way I live my life. His coaching continues to provoke me to question my own perceptions; my existing decision making patterns and redefine the way I respond to my circumstances.
The expanded results that I have created through this coaching program have greatly elevated the quality of my life”
“It was a great pleasure to meet you and I also feel proud that I could attend this session. The presentations as well as training materials were well defined and your coaching was too good. I shall definitely recommend more people to attend this in future.”
“Really happy to be a part of the C.E.O (Coaching for Excellence in Organisations) programme – Batch of October 2017. It is incidentally the first of an 11- month Leadership programme–. The programme got off to a flying start with what has been (for me) one of the most immersive 3-day affairs. The whole ambiance was electrifying (yeah there was dance too) along with some serious food for thought provided by the IGL team – Sameer, Sheeja, Geeta and a couple of others. The take away was the set of declarations made by each one of the participants in their area of care on day 3 which will be tracked and mapped against the milestone(s) reached as the programme rolls on…Sameer went to the extent of saying that he and his team is unequivocally invested in each one’s declaration and can be held to account! Now that is some Leadership initiative…”