More about Nilofer Merchant
Nilofer Merchant is based in the EMEA region.
- The New How: Creating Business Solutions Through Collaborative Strategy (2010)
- 11 Rules for Creating Value in the Social Era (2012)
“Purpose is also a better motivator than money. Money, while necessary, motivates neither the best people, nor the best in people. Purpose does.”
CNBC has called her a visionary. Nilofer Merchant's ideas are shaping the future of organisations of all shapes and sizes. Thinkers 50 short listed her in 2013 as a “Future Thinker” one should pay attention to…and she was named the #1 person most likely to influence the future of management.
- Winner of the Thinkers50 Future Thinker award
- Has launched more than 100 products, netting $18B in sales
- Her book 11 Rules for Creating Value in the Social Era - was named 'Best Business Book of 2012' by Fast Company
Merchant is a fresh and powerful voice who speaks eloquently to audiences about the issues crucial to business right now.
Seasoned and solid, Merchant delivers as a speaker. She has:
- inspired thousands taking the stage alongside the likes of Malcolm Gladwell and Simon Sinek
- advised the "Most Powerful Women that Fortune brings together" about the bottom-line impact of social
- headlined at global venues, like TED2013, TEDGlobal 2012 and TEDIndia 2009
- keynoted technology conferences like Web 2.0.
Corporations such as General Electric, Skanka and IBM have brought her into their leadership teams to ready themselves for the future. Google invited her as a speaker at their famous Google @Authors program to educate them on thriving in the Social Era.
Her famous TED Talk “Got A Meeting? Take A Walk” in which she posits that “sitting is the new smoking” has been viewed by more than a million people around the globe.
Merchant's diverse career defies neat definitions. At 19, the governor of California appointed her to a role in educational reform and by the age of 26 she had led a division of Apple Computers and run six political campaigns.
She has created the web presence for both Time Inc. and CNN, lectures, writes and speaks. She has launched over 100 products in different markets and fought a competitive battle against Microsoft for Symantecs Anti-Virus division and won.
Those who work with her praise her ability to think strategically and to lead the way towards innovation by thinking collaboratively. She is at home in the social era and knows how to take others along with her writing highly praised books about collaboration, like The New How: Creating Business Solutions Through Collaborative Strategy, and 11 Rules for Creating Value in the #SocialEra which was chosen by Fast Company as one of the Best Business Books of 2012.
She teaches a management course at Santa Clara University, guest lectures at Stanford University and does some corporate board work as well as writing for the Harvard Business Review, Oprah.com and Wired. She does workshops and delivers frequent keynotes including a much viewed TED talk.
A rare combination: strategic, well-researched and actionable. Nilofer Merchant helps you see whats at stake in the connection economy - Seth Godin
Nilofer is one of the few people I know who can be described as truly brilliant, she has a deep commitment to culture and innovation as she has lived the walk - Les McKneown CEO Predictable Success
Fast wit and clear ideas... Nilofer got everyone engaged throughout her presentation and talking long after she left - Paul Papas, Global Commerce Leader, IBM
- Up to £20,000
- Leadership & Management Speakers
- Keynote Speakers
- Moderators & Chairs
- Future & Innovation
- Social Media
- Corporate World
- Change Management
- Social Media
- Be personally more powerful
- Leading people to greatness
- Build a culture of innovation
- Use shared purpose to create and compete with the 'big guys'