Branding expert and marketing visionaryMartin Lindstrom is a Danish marketing expert whose life mission has been to bridge the gap between brands and the consumer. The author of 6 books on the subject he reveals the tricks of big branding, the psychological triggers that make us buy and the powerful role of the senses. Hired by the CEOs of global Fortune 100 companies, he is one of the most respected branding gurus in the world
- Author of 6 books on branding and consumer behaviour including bestsellers Brandwashed and Buyology.
- Creator of the Brandsense agency which markets using all the senses.
- Made Time Magazine's list of World's 100 most influential people 2009.
- Champion of the consumer and 'respectful' marketing
- Topics covered include Marketing, Branding & Advertising, Marketing with smell, touch and sound, Future trends and Innovation
- Similar Speakers
Martin Lindstrom is an original thinker and one of the most respected branding gurus in the world, according to the Chartered Institute of Marketing. His lifes mission has been to bridge the gap between brands and the consumer.
Obsessed with Lego as a boy he was asked onto the advisory board and given his own brick setting his path into the world of products and branding from an early age.
Today, despite the many social media bridges to the consumer, Martin feels the corporate world is only interacting with consumers on a superficial level and he has begun to advocate a more respectful form of marketing.
He has written numerous books on brands and consumer behaviour and his latest, "Brandwashed", is an expos of the psychological tricks and traps that companies use to win our hard-earned money.
In his 2009 book, "Buyology" a New York Times / Wall Street Journal bestseller and "pick of the year" by USA Today - he discusses the subconscious mind and how it plays a major role in deciding what the buyer will purchase.
In 2006 he launched the Brand Sense agency which put into practice his ground breaking vision for a multi sensory branding which goes beyond the visual to involve all the senses. In his book of the same name he reveals that the particular smell of a new car is actually manufactured and that one airline has patented its own cabin scent.
Martin Lindstrom writes frequent articles for TIME Magazine, Harvard Business Review and a column for Fast Company. He has been on NBC's Today show and has appeared on ABC News, SKY, and the BBC. In 2011 he appeared in Morgan Spurlocks movie documentary The Greatest Movie Ever Sold and has been on Americas Next Top Model.
He is the founding partner and Chairman of the Board of Buyology Inc. Hired by global Fortune 100 brands as well as brands that might have lost their way- his unconventional consulting might involve a 48 hour boot camp or time in the field with consumers.
Testimonials "If you buy products, you need to read this book. It's really that simple." - Tom Rath, New York Times Bestselling author of StrengthFinder 2.0 and How Full is Your Bucket
"I've only read two business books from cover to cover in the last five years: Buyology and Brandwashed. It is no coincidence that Martin Lindstrom is the author of both of those books. Brandwashed is smart, thought-provoking, and laugh out loud funny." Steven Levitt, bestselling author of Freakonomics
- 360 Degree Branding: How To Make It Pay Off
- ROI Branding; Why Isn?t My Brand Working?
- Branding 2010: What Can We Expect And What Will Shock Most of Us
- B2Branding: The Most Cost Effective Way To Turn A Red-Line Into Black
- Step 1-2-3 Branding: How To Build A Brand From Scratch
- BRAND sense- a new approach ?
- Contextual Branding: Saying The Right Thing At The Right Time To The Right Audience In A Cost Effective Way
- Brand Sense: Build Powerful Brands Through Touch, Taste, Smell, Sight, and Sound with Philip Kotler (2005)
- Clicks, Bricks & Brands (2001)
- Why Trade Marketing? (1994)
- Brand Building on the Internet (1999)
- BRANDchild Edition 1 (2002)
- Buyology: How Everything We Believe About Why We Buy is Wrong (2009)
- Brandwashed: Tricks Companies Use to Manipulate Our Minds and Persuade Us to Buy (2012)
- Brand Sense: Sensory Secrets Behind the Stuff We Buy (2010)
Highly successful entrepreneur who has...
Technology entrepreneur, investor, business adviser,...
Serial entrepreneur, early stage investor,...