Ade McCormack's videos
What Ade McCormack's clients say
"While he has some fascinating insights on the past and present, the real value is when he shares his insights on how the world of work is evolving."
"Ade McCormack sounds a much-needed clarion call for IT to 'grow up' and become a mature business function."
"I am delighted to recommend Ade. He is an excellent colleague, reliable and smart."
"Ade delivering the closing address at Allen & Overy's global technology conference. It was very well delivered, successfully drew together the themes of the conference and played them back in a highly original and thought-provoking way."
Ade McCormack's 2022 biography
His extensive experience gives him a ‘bits to boardroom’ perspective on how the world is changing, and how we need to respond personally, professionally and organisationally. Some refer to Ade as a near futurist. He is also the founder of the Digital Readiness Institute.
Ade is an experienced motivational speaker known for his engaging, thought provoking and inspiring approach to alerting audiences as to what lies ahead. Specifically, he:
- Provides both a ‘zoom out’ perspective on what is happening, coupled with ‘zoom in’ guidance on how to capitalise on the changes.
- Has a strong sense of what lies ahead, and so can give you a competitive advantage.
- Is a former technologist who today works with senior executives. His deep ‘bits to boardroom’ grasp of digital matters can be applied to the needs of your audience.
- Has a compelling and engaging delivery style, which will energise and inspire your audience.
Ade is an expert on digital matters and can cover themes that are at or near the intersection of people, leadership and technology, delivering to audiences ranging from new entrants through to senior executives, whether technical or non-technical.
Ade McCormack’s Background
Ade is a former technologist (astrophysics and software engineering), who today is focused on helping individuals and organisations thrive in the digital age. In more recent years, his focus has taken a more strategic / macroeconomic / future-oriented perspective. Thus, he has a forward-thinking grasp of what is happening in the market, and of how his clients can capitalise on the changes taking place.
Ade is known for his thought-provoking perspectives, and his ability to communicate in a clear, engaging and entertaining manner. This makes him a much sought-after public speaker across the world. His experience working across multiple industries across multiple countries over the course of multiple decades makes him uniquely qualified to guide your and your organisation into the digital age.
Ade McCormack’s Achievements
- Development of naval command and control systems, including radar, electronic warfare, fighter aircraft, battlefield simulation and weapons trials management.
- Development of a global investment bank middle office system to detect rogue trading in derivatives.
- Development of a system to manage data and telecoms cabling for an investment bank.
- Development of an avionics lifecycle cost modelling system for the Ministry of Defence.
- Project management and development of a set of subsystems to detect and analyse data from a space-located gamma radiation detector for the European Space Agency.
- Project management of a search and rescue system for the UK Maritime and Coastguard agency.
- Advisor on global digital leadership development programme for one of the world’s largest banks.
- Financial Times opinion columnist on digital leadership matters.
- CIO magazine columnist on digital leadership matters. As well as being a judge on the CIO 100.
- Closing keynoter at Gartner symposium.
- Author of six books on digital matters.
- Advisor to the European Commission on e-skills policy.
- Advisor to a variety of organisations across retail, telecoms, financial, staffing and advisory on digital transformation.
Ade McCormack's 2022 talks & topics
The digital age requires data-driven businesses. But there is no real value in data per se. It is only when data is converted into information / insights does the value appear. But that is only the start of the value extraction process. Using collaborative tools we can share these insights to create knowledge and wisdom. Wisdom leads to better decisions, which is the ultimate determinant of enterprise success.
In this keynote, we will cover the connection between data and better decisions, along with the associated technologies and disciplines needed. We will cover how collaborative working harnesses the cognitive capacity of each of your talented people to create what might be called a collective corporate consciousness. Robots today are already doing the digital equivalent to accelerate their learning curves.
The delegates will learn how to incorporate a collaborative working model into their businesses, as well as how to personally be better collaborative workers. Your key messages can be woven into the content to ensure that the keynote is engaging, compelling and focused on your objectives.
It is no longer true to say that the robots are coming. They are already here. However, the surface has only been scratched in respect of the extent to which they will permeate business and society.
This keynote will look at where we are in respect of robot adoption and what lies ahead in respect of future robots. We will cover how robots will impact the future of work, and the practical aspects of weaving the robotic devices into the overall business model. Issues such as ownership, security, data management and human-robot relationships will be explored.
Whilst new technology is removing the need for people, there is still a need for talent that has value creating capabilities that robots and algorithms have yet to acquire. This has resulted in the war for talent becoming more heated. Consequently, the power axis has shifted from the employer to the employee.
In this keynote, we will learn how the move to the digital era has led to this situation. Plus, we will explore how the very nature of careers is changing, and what this means from a talent management perspective. The role of cognitive management, the jagged resume and deep talent analytics will be covered. The delegates will also learn how to create environments that attract and retain the best talent. This keynote will draw upon Ade’s Attention Dynamics book.
The IT Department
Digital, new technology and data are moving centre stage in the enterprise. But the same is not true for many IT departments. Why is this happening?
In this keynote, we will explore why IT departments are largely considered an organisational cost, rather than a source of innovation and value. The delegates will be advised on how IT departments can reposition themselves to increase their strategic relevance. Specific attention will be given to emerging technologies and data capital. The keynote will draw upon Ade’s IT Value Stack and Biz 4.0 books.
CIOs are the lynchpin between the IT industry and the users of IT. Therefore, the value organisations harness from their IT spend is largely determined by the quality of the CIO. Many CIOs are on a default path to operational obsolescence as more and more IT services are moved into the cloud. However, the dawn of the digital era represents an opportunity for CIOs to increase their strategic relevance.
In this keynote, we will explore the issues facing the CIO, along with how they can capitalise on the digital age. A framework will be provided to show how CIOs can increase their strategic relevance, and move their CxO conversations from a focus on cost to a focus on value.
The emerging social economy is in many respects a return to our true nature. Being social is a key element of our anthropological make up. Businesses that harness this natural inclination are more likely to be successful.
This keynote will provide some background on our need to be social. You will see how models such as collaborative consumption exploit this need. And how sociality is key to deriving value from your workforce. You will also learn how to reengineer your business to put sociality at its centre.
Ade McCormack's 2022 speaking fees
- United Kingdom
Specific fees fall within the ranges shown. These are presented as a guide only and are subject to change without notice.
To get an exact quote for your event, click the button below.