Dave Trott: Biography highlights
Through his agency D&AD Advertising Concepts Workshops, Dave has trained hundreds of young creatives and is always well-received for his down-to-earth, practical advertising solutions.
Full biography of Dave Trott
Dave Trott’s Background
Dave’s passion for creativity and advertising started in the ’70s when he worked for John Webster at BMP, who has won more advertising awards than anyone else in history. He worked his way to Deputy Creative Director, then left in 1980 to start his own agency, Gold Greenlees Trott.
His time at BMP certainly stood him in good stead when Gold Greenlees Trott won Best Agency in the UK by Campaign magazine in their first year, followed four years later by Best Agency in the World by Ad Age magazine, New York.
Current/Past Positions and Roles
- Joint founder Bainsfair Sharkey Trott
- Founder D&AD Advertising Concepts Workshops
- Founder Gold Greenlees Trott
- Deputy Creative Director, BMP
Awards, Accolades, Achievements, Honours
- D&AD President’s Award for Lifetime Achievement
- Lifetime Achievement Award from The Creative Circle
- Lifetime Achievement Award from The Marketing Society
- Lifetime Achievement Award from The Scottish Advertising Association