Former chief economist of Goldman Sachs
Earned a reputation as ‘the top foreign-exchange economist anywhere in the world’ whilst at Goldman Sachs and during his time there his research led him to create the term BRIC economies to refer to the emerging economies of Brazil, Russia, India and China, a term which has since become part of common economic parlance.
Jim O’Neill's videos
Jim O'Neill's 2023 biography
Jim O’Neill’s Current / Past Roles & Positions
- Former Chairman of Goldman Sachs Asset management
- Former Head of Global Research at Goldman Sachs
Coined the acronyms BRIC and MINT
- Past non-Executive Director of Manchester United Football Club
- Author of The Growth Map, Penguin 2011
- Visiting research fellow at the think tank, Bruegel
- On the economic advisory board of the investing arm of the World Bank
- Chairman Cities Growth Commission in the UK
- Non-Executive Director of the UK Government’s Department for Education
- Educational, informal and thought-provoking
Since his retirement from Goldman Sachs in 2013 Jim O’Neill has taken on the chairmanship of the Cities Growth Commission in the UK, the economic advisory board of Greater Manchester Local Authority and the review on Anti-Microbial Resistance.
He also serves on a number of educational charity boards including the Educational Endowment Foundation (EEF) and, amongst others, The Sutton Trust.
He is also a Non-Executive Director of the UK Government’s Department for Education.
Jim O'Neill's 2023 speaking fees
- United Kingdom
Specific fees fall within the ranges shown. These are presented as a guide only and are subject to change without notice.
To get an exact quote for your event, click the button below.