More about Nilofer Merchant
Nilofer Merchant is based in the EMEA region.
- The New How: Creating Business Solutions Through Collaborative Strategy (2010)
- 11 Rules for Creating Value in the Social Era (2012)
"A rare combination: strategic, well-researched and actionable. Nilofer Merchant helps you see what's at stake in the connection economy" - Seth Godin
Called a visionary by CNBC, Nilofer Merchant's ideas are shaping the future of organisations of all shapes and sizes. Thinkers 50 named her its “Future Thinker” 2013 & welcomed her into the rankings of top business gurus 2015. One to pay attention to she was named the Number 1 person most likely to influence the future of management.
- Thinkers50 Business Guru - Winner of the Future Thinker award & Digital Thinker nominee
- Has launched more than 100 products, netting $18B in sales
- Her book 11 Rules for Creating Value in the Social Era - was named 'Best Business Book of 2012' by Fast Company
- Teaches innovation at Stanford
A fresh and powerful voice, eloquent, relevant, now.
An exciting and vibrant speaker Nilofer has:
- inspired thousands taking the stage alongside the likes of Malcolm Gladwell and Simon Sinek
- advised the "Most Powerful Women that Fortune brings together" about the bottom-line impact of social
- headlined at global venues, like TED2013, TEDGlobal 2012 and TEDIndia 2009
- keynoted technology conferences like Web 2.0.
Corporations such as General Electric, Skanka and IBM have brought her into their leadership teams to ready themselves for the future. Google invited her as a speaker at their famous Google @Authors program to educate them on thriving in the Social Era.
Her famous TED Talk “Got A Meeting? Take A Walk” in which she posits that “sitting is the new smoking” has been viewed by more than a million people around the globe.
Nilofer has had a meteoric career; from administrator to CEO to board member of a NASDAQ-traded company. She has been called “the Jane Bond of Innovation” for her ability to guide Fortune 500 and start-up companies - has written two best-selling books: The New How 2010 and 11 Rules for Creating Value in the #SocialEra 2012 and is developing her unique concept of "Onlyness" for her 3rd.
Those who work with her praise her ability to think strategically and to lead the way towards innovation by thinking collaboratively. She is at home in the social era and knows how to take others along with her.
She has had a fabulously diverse career. By the age of 26 she had led a division of Apple Computers and run six political campaigns. She has launched over 100 products in different markets and fought a competitive battle against Microsoft for Symantecs Anti-Virus division and won. She created the web presence for both Time Inc. and CNN..
She teaches innovation at Stanford and Santa Clara Universities - speaks all over the world and helps companies such as Logitech, Symantec, HP, Yahoo & VMWare to develop new product strategies, optimise revenue and enter new markets.
She serves on boards for both public and private companies and writes for the Harvard Business Review..
"A rare combination: strategic, well-researched and actionable. Nilofer Merchant helps you see whats at stake in the connection economy" - Seth Godin
"Nilofer is one of the few people I know who can be described as truly brilliant, she has a deep commitment to culture and innovation as she has lived the walk" - Les McKneown CEO Predictable Success
"Fast wit and clear ideas... Nilofer got everyone engaged throughout her presentation and talking long after she left" - Paul Papas, Global Commerce Leader, IBM
- Up to £20,000
- Be personally more powerful
- Leading people to greatness
- Build a culture of innovation
- Use shared purpose to create and compete with the 'big guys'
- Leadership and Management Speakers
- Keynote Speakers
- Future Trends Speakers
- Business Speakers
- Thinkers50 Speakers
- TED Speakers
- Innovation and Creativity Speakers
- Personal Development Speakers
- Moderators and Facilitators
- Leadership and Management
- The Future
- Innovation and Creativity
- Personal Development
- Business Strategy
- Womens voices