Inspirational leadership legend and author of Superbosses
Professor Finkelstein is a true expert and one of the finest thinkers in leadership, strategy, and corporate governance. Known for his brilliant keynote speeches and television appearances, he is currently revealing the secrets of the superbosses.
Sydney Finkelstein's videos
What Sydney Finkelstein's clients say
"Testimonial for SUPERBOSSES: How Exceptional Leaders Master the Flow of Talent: Superbosses shows the incredible impact that great managers can have, both on their employees and on entire industries. As masters of career development, superbosses are both talent magnets and launchpads, remaining valued allies with their proteges long after their official relationships have ended. Syd has written a true leadership guide for the Networked Age."
"Testimonial for SUPERBOSSES: How Exceptional Leaders Master the Flow of Talent: Superbosses gives leaders a playbook to bring out the best in their people."
Sydney Finkelstein's 2022 biography
About Sydney Finkelstein
- Fellow of the Academy of Management
- Finalist for the Academy of Management Executive Best Paper Award (2004)
- The McKinsey & Company Strategic Management Society Best Conference Paper Prize Honorable Mention (2002)
- Best Paper Award from the Academy of Management Executive for his article “Leveraging Intellect” (1997)
- Two Citations of Excellence from ANBAR, the world’s leading guide to management journal literature (1997 & 1998)
- The Cenafoni Prize for research in Entrepreneurial Strategy (1991)
- Finalist for the A.T. Kearney award for the best research in strategic management (1988)
Current / Past Roles & Positions
- Director of the Tuck Executive Program & Professor of Management at the Tuck School of Business, Dartmouth College.
- Author of Superbosses: How Exceptional Leaders Master the Flow of Talent.
- 3 books nominated for the prestigious Academy of Management’s Terry Book Award.
- Listed on the “Thinkers 50,” the most prestigious ranking of management thinkers in the world.
Essential, Expert, Enthusiastic, Fascinating
Professor Finkelstein is a true expert and one of the finest thinkers in leadership, strategy, and corporate governance. Known for his brilliant keynote speeches and television appearances, he is currently revealing the secrets of the superbosses. It is the culmination of 10 years of research into what makes people as diverse as Ralph Lauren, George Lucas and former hedge fund manager Julian Robertson, centres of excellence – magnets which draw in the very best people around them.
He has written over 20 books, several bestsellers, including Why Smart Executives Fail. The Wall Street Journal called it “a marvel – a jargon-free business book based on serious research that offers genuine insights with clarity and wit.”
Superbosses has been featured in Inc.com’s Must-Read Business Books for 2016 and the Wall Street Journal’s CIO Report “What Will Your CEO Be Reading in 2016?”
A regular contributor to the BBC he has consulted for and spoken to a huge number of leading companies including American Express, Barclays, Boeing, Chevron, Deutsche Bank, GE, Glaxo and Heinz.
Sydney Finkelstein's 2022 talks & topics
The Secret to Unleashing Innovation
SUPERBOSSES: how Exceptional Leaders Master the Flow of Talent
HR Like You Never Saw It Before
Sydney Finkelstein's 2022 speaking fees
- United States
Specific fees fall within the ranges shown. These are presented as a guide only and are subject to change without notice.
To get an exact quote for your event, click the button below.