Yu Yongding Biography
Professor Yu Yongding is regarded by many as China’s pre-eminent monetary economist.
He is currently a professor at the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, president of the China Society of World Economy, editor-in-chief of China and World Economy, a member of the Advisory Committee of National Planning for National Development and Reform at the National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC), and a member of the UN Committee of development policy.
Yu was formerly director-general of the Institute of World Economics and Politics, and a member of the Monetary Policy Committee of the People’s Bank of China. He graduated from the Beijing School of Science and Technology, Chinese Academy of Science in 1969 and received his MA in economics from the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences in 1986, and D.Phil. in economics from the University of Oxford in 1994.
Yu has authored, co-authored and edited more than 10 books, and has published numerous papers and articles on macroeconomics, international economics and other subjects in various journals and newspapers. He is the winner of Sun Yefang Prize in Economics (PRC).
The main organizations, where he served or is still serving as a member of board, include :
- UN Committee of Development Policy
- UN commission of the Reform of the International Financial and Monetary System (Stiglitz commission)
- Council on International Monetary Reform (Brookings)
- Advisory Committee of World Economic Symposium of Kiel Institute of World Economy
- Council of Global Governance, World Economic Forum
- Advisory Committee of the Institute for New Economic Thinking
- Member, Academie Hassan II des Sciences et Techniques, Royaume du Maroc
- Advisory Board of the Centre for International Governance Innovation, University of Waterloo
- Advisory Committee of International Finance of Shanghai Municipal City
Yu Yongding Videos
FEE GUIDELINES info