Pioneer and thought leader in the world of social technologies
A bestselling author, consultant and founder of the Altimeter Group, which produces research and advice to help organisations find their way through the exciting new business world which is now both more ‘social’ and more ‘open’ than ever before.
Charlene Li's videos
Charlene Li's 2022 biography
Charlene Li’s background
- Founder of Altimeter Group
- Author of Open Leadership – how to let social media in while maintaining control
- Co author of the highly praised social media book Groundswell
Charlene Li is a highly approachable speaker who inspires and entertains while leading her audience through the opportunities provided by the rapidly expanding ‘social’ world.
Charlene Li is founder of the Altimeter Group and the author of The New York Times bestseller Open Leadership which shows leaders how to lose the fear and tap into the power of social technology. She is a graduate of Harvard Business School and began her career at the San Jose Mercury News and the Community Newspaper Company, before joining Forrester Research.
She founded Altimeter in 2008 just as the unstoppable wave of social media technology was breaking over business. Altimeter was named by Fast Company as one of The Five Most Creative Small Businesses in 2010.
Charlene Li is now one of the foremost experts on social media and is highly regarded as a thought leader on leadership, strategy, social technologies, interactive media, and marketing. She was named one of the 100 most creative people in business by Fast Company in 2010 and one of the most influential women in technology 2009.
She is coauthor of the critically acclaimed, bestselling book Groundswell which looked at how to integrate social media into marketing strategies it was named one of the best business books in 2008.
Her latest report with Brian Solis looks at the picture in a maturing social technology world and finds that few businesses feel their social strategy is connected to business outcomes and so they still feel there is a long way to go with leadership education to get the best out of new social technologies.
Charlene Li is a much sought-after speaker and has delivered keynotes at World Business Forum, SXSW and Web 2 Expo among many others.
Her book Groundswell has won a number of awards including:
- The American Marketing Association Foundations prestigious Berry-AMA Book Prize for best marketing book of 2009.
- Named by Amazon as one of the Top 10 Business & Investing Books of 2008
- Named by CIO Insight as one of the Top 10 Business-Tech Books of 2008
- Named by Fortune Magazine as one of the 3 best Web books of 2008
- Named by Advertising Age as number 3 of 10 Books You Should Have Read
- Named by Business Week as one of the Best Innovation & Design Books of 2008
- Named by strategy+business as one of the Best Business Books 2008 and Top Shelf in Marketing
- Named one of 10 Insightful Web 2.0 Books by CIO Insight
Charlene Li's 2022 talks & topics
Convincing Your Curmudgeon ? Getting Executive Buy-In For Your Social Strategy
Open Leadership In Your Organization
The Future Of Social Networks
Charlene Li's 2022 speaking fees
- United States
Specific fees fall within the ranges shown. These are presented as a guide only and are subject to change without notice.
To get an exact quote for your event, click the button below.