To receive the downloadable spreadsheet of the podcast list, please provide us with your name and email address below. We'll send you the list via email shortly after you submit your information.
Christoph M. Schmidt
German economist, president of the RWI – Leibniz Institute for Economic Research and chairman of the German Council of Economic Experts
Prof. Dr. Christoph M. Schmidt, born in 1962, studied economics at the University of Mannheim, Germany, where he received his degree as Diplom-Volkswirt in 1987, at Princeton University, where he received his M.A. in 1989 and his Ph.D. in 1991, and at the University of Munich, where he received the degree of Dr. rer. pol. habil. in 1995.
Christoph M. Schmidt's videos
Christoph M. Schmidt's 2023 biography
Christoph M. Schmidt’s positions held
- President of RWI and professor at Ruhr-Universität Bochum.
- Chairman and Member of the German Council of Economic Experts.
- Member of the Enquete-Commission “Wachstum, Wohlstand, Lebensqualität” (“Growth, Welfare, Quality of Live”) of the German Bundestag.
- Member of acatech – Deutsche Akademie der Technikwissenschaften.
- Chairperson of the board of trustees of the Max Planck Institute for Tax Law and Public Finance in Munich.
- Member of the advisory scientific council of the Fritz Thyssen Foundation.
- Member of the OECD International Network on Financial Education (INFE) Research Committee.
From 1995 to 2002 Prof. Schmidt taught econometrics and labour economics as a Full Professor at the University of Heidelberg. He was awarded a Princeton University Fellowship, 1987-1990, the Alfred P. Sloan Doctoral Dissertation Fellowship, 1990-1991, and was a fellow of the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG) 1992-1995.
In 1992 he became a Research Affiliate of the Centre for Economic Policy Research (CEPR London) then in 1996 a CEPR Research Fellow.
In 1998 he became a Research Fellow at the Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA), Bonn. In 2016 he won the Gustav-Stolper-Award of the Verein für Socialpolitik.
Prof. Schmidt served as an Editor of the German Economic Review and was an editor of the Journal of Population Economics. He published articles in journals such as The Review of Economics and Statistics and the Journal of Public Economics.
Applied econometrics and a broad spectrum of topics of economic policy, specifically macroeconomics, energy, health and labour.
Christoph M. Schmidt's 2023 speaking fees
Specific fees fall within the ranges shown. These are presented as a guide only and are subject to change without notice.
To get an exact quote for your event, click the button below.