Susan HayesCulleton: Biography highlights
Susan HayesCulleton, CFA, delivers the strategic insights that position you for the business world of tomorrow. Nip analysis paralysis in the bud and focus on laying the foundations of agile success. With Susan, emerging economic trends are not just the stuff of idle commentary. Hard numbers, in-depth research and practical, actionable steps converge to give you and your organization the competitive edge.
Full biography of Susan HayesCulleton
About Susan HayesCulleton
Susan has spoken and MC’d at major global events and conferences:
- She was the opening keynote at ESOMAR 2015
- She moderated a panel featuring Minister Jimmy Deenihan, Norman Houston of the Northern Ireland Bureau, Dash Boyer-Olson from Merrill Lynch, and Andrew O’Brien of the US Department of State at the Irish International Business Network conference in New York.
- She has spoken at the International Business Women Conference, Belfast, at CorkMeet 2013, Madrid Excelente, the European Commission and a variety of other international events.
- She is regularly invited to national TV and radio programmes to share her insights about economics, entrepreneurship and the financial markets.
Susan’s three core principles are to encourage her audiences to focus on what they can do, to practice what she preaches, and to offer practical and immediately implementable insights.
Awards, Accolades, Achievements, Honours
- Susan is a Chartered Financial Analyst charterholder and a private investor in the markets
- She is the co-author of Positive Economics with Trudie Murray and Brian O’Connor, the leading economics textbook in the Irish educational system
- She is a board member of IIBN, the Irish International Business Network
- She has been described as “an unbelievable role model” by teenagers who attended her #SavvyTeenAcademy course
- She is the author of The Savvy Woman’s Guide to Financial Freedom and The Savvy Guide to Making More Money
Susan always knew she wanted to be in business for herself. While still in college, she negotiated her way into her first job, and she very quickly went on to create her own business. Not one to rest on her laurels, she wanted to expand and export from day 1, then when that was done she started to explore e-learning, first with an online course for high school students, “Wall Street to the Classroom”, then with webinars and interactive courses.
Her latest venture is #SavvyTeenAcademy, a partnership that delivers life and leadership skills to teenagers, focusing on careers, communication and confidence.
- Susan created her own business right in the middle of the recession. Her business was profitable in its first quarter.
- She started to export 6 months into her new venture. Today 60% of the revenue of Hayes Culleton Ltd comes from abroad.
- She started investing while still in college and created a portfolio that weathered the recession.
- She is a Chartered Financial Analyst charterholder
Current/Past Roles and Positions
Susan is a business owner, keynote speaker, trainer, mentor and the author and co-author of three books. She pinpoints new trends that have the potential to be world-shaking, and she helps individuals and organisations actively prepare for those changes: not just to protect them, but to thrive and prosper by embracing the waves of change. She gives her audiences research-based insights to help them make better decisions more quickly, and leads the way with concrete plans to act on those insights. She is MD of international financial training company Hayes Culleton Ltd.
Expect game-changing insights packed in a high-energy presentation that will dramatically raise the energy level in the room. Expect to leave Susan’s talk buzzing with renewed energy and confidence in your future, with a list of immediately actionable steps – your future starts today.
Watch Susan in action
I've had the pleasure of working with Susan over the past year - it seems like a lot longer given the lasting impact that she leaves.'
Embassy of Malta, Dublin
'The feedback received by the Ambassadors, diplomats and government officials present was immensely positive as, once again, Susan delivered a presentation that was rich in information yet to the point and easy to understand.'
Minister for Foreign Affairs & Trade
'Thank you for your active participation during the fourth Global Irish Economic Forum and your significant contribution as moderator for the panel 'International Financial Services: Positioning Ireland for the Future'. The very positive feedback I received from the audience clearly reflects the professionalism and enthusiasm you brought to this discussion on the day.'