Lawrence Dallaglio: Biography highlights
Famed for his energy and emotion, Lawrence Dallaglio has a huge wealth of stories to enlighten, entertain and captivate any audience.
Full biography of Lawrence Dallaglio
Lawrence Dallaglio’s background
Lawrence Dallaglio made his name in rugby for the Wasps, for England and for the British Lions, playing at every level of the game. During his career, he has been capped in all three back row positions and has never failed to impress fans of sport with his dedication, diligence and determination.
During his sporting career, some of England Rugby’s proudest moments featured Dallaglio vanquishing the opposition and contributing to celebrated victories. To achieve his level of ability as a player and as a captain is the ambition of many entering the sport of rugby today. As a speaker, Lawrence uses all of his knowledge and experience as a hugely instrumental team player to motivate, inspire and to spur others toward their own triumphs.
- Legendary rugby player for The Wasps, England and the British Lions
- England Rugby Captain 2004-2008
- Key player in the World Cup Winning England Rugby Union Squad
- Director of London Wasps
- Famed for his determination and dedication
- Always a crowd pleaser, Lawrence is an excellent after dinner speaker with a large collection of stories that will inspire and motivate the whole room.
Awards, Accolades, Achievements, Honours
- OBE (2008)
- Honorary Doctorate – Buckinghamshire New University (2008)
- Player of the Year – Daily Telegraph (1999/2000)
- Six Nations Player of the Year Lloyds TSB (1999/2000)
- Member of England Rugby’s Fifty Cap Club
- 2003 World Cup winner
- 2003 Grand Slam winner
- 1996 Five Nations winner
- 2000, 2001, 2003 Six Nations winner
- Three League Cups
- Five Premiership Titles
- Two European Trophies
- 85 Caps
- 13 International Tries
On becoming England Captain in 2004, Lawrence set about motivating and educating his team, as always leading by example and inspiring others in both words and actions. His ability to communicate effectively and to encourage others was ideal for this role and the skills which he honed in his time as captain are key to his success as a motivational speaker. Lawrence retired from professional rugby in 2008 but remains one of the most iconic players of all time. He often appears in the media to discuss his career and the importance of sport. He now devotes much of his own time to the Dallaglio Foundation, an organisation he founded in 2009 with the aim of raising money for charities he supports. As of 2012, the Foundation began a Rugby Programme to help young people gain skills and confidence.
Lawrence Dallaglio grew up in West London and attended boarding school before studying at Kingston University. Despite his qualification in Property Development, he chose to pursue the sport which had been his passion from a young age rugby.