To receive the downloadable spreadsheet of the podcast list, please provide us with your name and email address below. We'll send you the list via email shortly after you submit your information.
MBE co-founder of fashion house Red or Dead
Wayne believes in the supremacy of design, whether in clothes or in buildings. At the height of his fame as a fashion designer, he sold his iconic company, Red or Dead and turned his attention to social housing
Wayne Hemingway's videos
What Wayne Hemingway's clients say
"A huge thank you for coming to Inverness last week and for investing so much of your time and energy into your presentation for the Six Cities Festival - it was fantastic. Your talk was inspirational and went down extremely well - you certainly gave me food for thought and lots of useful information"
"Wayne went down a storm as always! The audience really like him because he is a great speaker, very entertaining and gets the crowd involved. Cheers!"
Wayne Hemingway's 2023 biography
Wayne Hemingway’s background
Wayne was born in 1961 and grew up in Morecambe, a typical British seaside town. Perhaps not the most appropriate surroundings for one of Britain’s most acclaimed designers. After spending most of his childhood in Blackburn, a young and multicultural Hemingway left school with ten O-Levels and four A-Levels. In 1979 he made another inappropriate decision for a future designer and gained a degree in Geography and Town Planning at University College, London.
Alongside his wife Gerardine, Wayne built Red or Dead into a globally-celebrated label and, after 21 consecutive seasons on the catwalk, sold it in a multi-million-pound deal. In 1999, fresh from the sale of Red or Dead, Wayne and Gerardine embarked on a new adventure: HemingwayDesign.
Wayne spent 6 years as a Design Council Trustee Board and having been with CABE for a decade since its inception (as Chair of Building For Life ), has been a Mayors London Leader and currently supports the Mayor of London, Sadiq Khan as a Design Advocate. He received an MBE in the Queen’s Birthday Honours list of 2006, is a Professor in The Built Environment Department of Northumbria University, a Doctor of Design at Wolverhampton, Lancaster and Stafford, and an Honorary Fellow of Blackburn College, the University of Cumbria and Regents University.
The Hemingway Design Ethos is;
- We create, we transform and we care about the big stuff.
- We breathe new life into old concepts, cutting through the ordinary and expected with powerful, visionary design.
- Our philosophy is to improve the things that matter in life. Could we improve what matters to you?
Hemingway Design has undertaken projects such as
- The Classic Car Boot Sale – vintage vans serving craft beer, cocktails and street food; a roaming theatre company, dance classes and exquisitely rare show cars provide endless entertainment; and, all the while, our Vintage Festival DJs play a vinyl-only selection of 40s-80s tunes!
- Anfield, Liverpool – an ambitious regeneration scheme which offers unique opportunities as a place to live, work and play .
- The Future of Bognor Regis – the campaign aims to change negative perceptions of the resort and relaunch it as one of the UK’s leading destinations.
- Urban Village Fete – celebrating the best in design, music, art, innovative events and modern craftsmanship.
- Wayne spent 6 years as a Design Council Trustee Board and having been with CABE for a decade since its inception (as Chair of Building For Life ), has been a Mayors London Leader and currently supports the Mayor of London, Sadiq Khan as a Design Advocate He got an MBE in the Queen’s Birthday Honours list of 2006, is a Professor in The Built Environment Department of Northumbria University, a Doctor of Design at Wolverhampton, Lancaster and Stafford, and an Honorary Fellow of Blackburn College, the University of Cumbria and Regents University.
- Bspoke – a collection of urban cyclists, classic and vintage bicycle enthusiasts, independent makers, designers, traders and creative brands assembling to show, share and sell their work from bikes
- Unite Office south Quay – interior design and specification of all furnishings for Unite Student’s new Bristol HQ
Wayne Hemingway's 2023 speaking fees
- United Kingdom
Specific fees fall within the ranges shown. These are presented as a guide only and are subject to change without notice.
To get an exact quote for your event, click the button below.