Vivienne Ming's videos
Vivienne Ming's 2022 biography
Vivienne Ming’s background
She co-founded Socos, her fifth company, where she combines machine learning, cognitive neuroscience and economics to maximize life outcomes in education and the workplace. Previously, Vivienne was a visiting scholar at UC Berkeley’s Redwood Center for Theoretical Neuroscience, pursuing her research in cognitive neuroprosthetics.
Today, she sits on the boards of numerous companies and non-profit organizations including StartOut, The Palm Center, Cornerstone Capital, Platypus Institute, Shiftgig, Zoic Capital and SmartStones.
In her free time, Dr. Ming invents AI systems to help treat her diabetic son, predict manic episodes in bipolar sufferers and reunite orphan refugees with extended family members. She also speaks frequently on her AI-driven research into inclusion and gender in business.
Vivienne Ming’s recent engagements include:
- The Economist, Pride & Prejudice Keynote Event (Diversity/Inclusion, Economics)
- From cognitive modelling to labour markets: estimating the economic cost of unrealized human potential – EdLab, Columbia University (Diversity/Inclusion, Neuroscience)
- Unleashing Human Potential – Chair, ReWork Deep Learning Conference (AI, Education, Neuroscience)
- Maximizing Human Potential Using Machine Learning-Driven Applications – Berkeley Data Science Lecture Series (AI, Education, Neuroscience)
- Tech Industry and the LGBT Community – Bloomberg News Panel (Diversity/Inclusion, Economics)
- Keeping the Promise of Educational Technology, Keynote at SXSWedu (AI, Education, Neuroscience)
- Future of Job Creation and HR Tech Summit – Future of X (Diversity/Inclusion, Economics)
- Groundbreakers – EdLab, Columbia University (AI, Education, Neuroscience)
- The Future of Work: Transforming the Ways We Collaborate – The Atlantic Silicon Valley Summit (Diversity/Inclusion, Economics)
Vivienne Ming's 2022 speaking fees
- United States
Specific fees fall within the ranges shown. These are presented as a guide only and are subject to change without notice.
To get an exact quote for your event, click the button below.