Rohit Talwar: Biography highlights
Rohit Talwar advises international business and governments around the world on how to thrive into the future.
Full biography of Rohit Talwar
About Rohit Talwar
He is the CEO of the Fast Future consultancy; leaders in research, advice and coaching on future scenarios and opportunities for innovation. His work focuses on human enhancement, disruptive innovation, emerging technology and the emerging economies.
Rohit is a global futurist, award-winning and thought provoking speaker, strategic advisor, author, entrepreneur, and the CEO of Fast Future. He delivers keynote speeches, executive education, consultancy, research, and future-focused leadership mentoring to clients internationally. He works with major corporations, governments, professional services, investors, associations, business schools, and NGOs to help them anticipate, prepare for and create the future. He has delivered over 1500 keynote speeches and executive workshops in 70+ countries on six continents.
Rohit leads Fast Future Publishing – delivering a series of multi-contributor books exploring the emerging future. He is the co-author of Designing Your Future, lead editor and a contributing author for The Future of Business and editor of Technology vs. Humanity. He is also a co-editor and contributor for the recently published Beyond Genuine Stupidity – Ensuring AI Serves Humanity and The Future Reinvented – Reimagining Life, Society, and Business.
He is also working on two forthcoming books – Unleashing Human Potential – The Future of AI in Business and 50:50 – Scenarios for the Next 50 Years.
Rohit delivers fully researched and completely customised presentations for each keynote and has the audience spellbound with his story of ending up on Interpol’s most wanted list due to identity theft.
Rohit’s primary objective is to support clients in exploring and shaping the emerging future – putting people at the centre of the agenda. He helps clients understand the key future factors driving innovation, growth and disruptive change. Rohit highlights the new thinking and business models being enabled by exponential technologies such as AI, blockchain, and hyperconnectivity and uses case studies to demonstrate how firms across sectors are reinventing themselves in the era of smart machines. He then explores the mindset shifts and leadership capabilities required to compete in the emerging future. Finally, he demonstrates how to harness the next waves of innovation to unleash human potential and ensure a very human future for our organisations.
Rohit has extensive experience of conferencing speaking, delivering corporate executive education, post-graduate classroom teaching, including programmes created by business schools including:
- Microsoft – Leading disruption (Duke CE)
- EY – Emerging futures (London Business School)
- UAE Public Sector Innovation Diploma – Global Megatrends, Challenges, Potential Solutions and a Role for the UAE; Vodafone -Disruption; Laing O’Rourke- Emerging Futures (Imperial College Business School)
- Wartsilla – Global megatrends / energy futures (Aalto Business School)
- Nokia, Pepsi, Siemens – The Future of Business
Rohit has lectured on the future at a range of MBA, Sloan and Continuing Education programmes for organisations such as London Business School, CASS Business School, Henley Business School, Ashridge, University of Bath, and Karachi School of Business & Leadership.
Rohit has delivered keynote speeches around the world and for clients across the globe. Clients for 2018-2019:
- Financial Services – American Association of State Compensation Insurance Funds, AXA Investment Management, Bank ABC (Bahrain), Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Cazenove Capital, Council of Insurance Agents & Brokers (USA), Financial Times, Finovate, Fraud Force Europe, Indosuez, International Forum of Sovereign Wealth Funds, Intergraf, Marsh McLennan, Mastercard, New Mexico Mutual, Reiknistofa Bankanna (Iceland), Royal Bank of Scotland, Shawbrook Bank, Slovak Banking Association, State Oil Fund of Azerbaijan, the Financial Services Forum, and the World Pension Summit.
- Information Technology and Telecommunications – Aruba Networks, Basware, Citrix, CXOSynch Munich, Big Dada, Data Protection World Forum, Deutsche Telekom, Keto Software, LexisNexis (India), Microsoft, Next Gen, PDI Software (gas stations and convenience stores), Spectris, and Tata Consulting Services.
- Commercial and Industrial – Ameropa, Automotive Industry Association of the Slovak Republic, Belron, Catering Equipment Suppliers Association, Celgene, Danone, Emaar, ITOPF, Shell, Swiss Singapore, Thales Group, UPM (Finland), and USM Workhouse (Germany).
- Professional Services – ACCA, Allen & Overy, EY, Kantar, NSF International, Plante Moran, PwC (Greece, Germany, Switzerland, UAE), and RSM International.
- Aviation, Hospitality, Tourism, and Travel – Carnival Cruise Lines, Future Travel Experience (Istanbul and Las Vegas), Global Airport Development Conference, Heathrow Airport, Hiteck Europe Conference, Hospitality Minds Europe, Hotel Investment Conference Europe, Preferred Hotels Group, Sabre, SITA, and Travelport.
- Real Estate – Corenet Global, Inrev, and Places for People.
- Events – Assima (learning), Association of Project Managers, Entrepreneurs’ Organization (Asia Region Conference Bali and US National Leadership Program), Evening Standard Live, Hay Festival, IBTM Arabia (events sector), Innovation Center Iceland, IMI Innovation and Growth Programme Ireland, Institute of Leadership and Management, International Institute of Communications, International Stress Management Association, Learning Technologies Annual Conference, London Futurists, Mix Interiors, New World Insight, Peter Jones Foundation, Professional Conference Organisers Association of Australia, Responsible Business Summit Europe, Richmond Events (Forums for Market Insights (UK), Chief Information Officers (US), Chief Marketing Officers (US), Chief Learning Officers (US), IT Directors (UK)), and The Supper Club.
- Government and Education – Bootham School, Camden Council, European Commission, Singapore Infocomm Media Development Authority, and the Investment and Development Agency of Latvia.
Watch Rohit in action
Future Travel Experience
We were delighted you could make it - your keynote was absolutely outstanding, and I have never seen a reaction like that from an audience, and we have had some great speakers at our events down the years like Simon Woodroffe, Gerald Ratner, and most recently Richard Reed from Innocent Smoothies. Your presentation received an extraordinary response from delegates with many saying it was the best they had ever seen. You were mobbed! Thanks again for all your effort and collaboration to make the presentation the perfect fit for the audience/event.'
Tax Free World Association
'Dear Rohit, I'd like to express our sincere thanks and most heartfelt appreciation for your excellent presentation at the Middle East Duty Free Conference last week in Abu Dhabi. The delegate feedback we have received on you is also nothing short of outstanding. We greatly appreciated your commitment to the conference theme and the way you responded to the brief - it was spot on. Not only was your presentation informative and provided real learning experience, you also delivered it in a truly entertaining manner keeping delegates on the edge of their seats throughout.'
'Rohit Talwar is a revelation. Why is he not on our television screens every night? He is easily one of the most thought provoking presenters I have seen and authors that I have read. He challenges everything that we assume about technology and work, and has an incredible ability to draw non-intuitive insights from what is happening now and what might happen in the future. Rohit kindly agreed to be a keynote speaker at our annual fintech event. The feedback was universally positive. Many of our guests said that they went home and tore up their assumptions and IT strategies, and started again. What more can you ask for?'
Rohit's speaking topics
A Very Human Future
Exploring and explaining how individuals, organisations, and nations can take practical steps to survive and thrive in the face of accelerating technology penetration across every aspect of society.
Global Megatrends / Drivers of Change
Highlighting the likely direction and impact of the critical economic, political, environmental, socio-demographic, scientific, and technological forces shaping the next three to ten years.
The Futurist Leader
Navigating Uncertainty - Helping current and emerging leaders learn to think like a futurist to help future proof their organisation and their own careers. Explaining how to identify and pursue new opportunities, anticipate emerging risks, and drive future strategy, skills, and capability development.
Explaining critical technologies such as AI, blockchain, and quantum computing and highlighting their potential impacts and implications. I focus on showing how organisations can accelerate their learning about, experimentation with, and adoption of these technologies and maximise their return on investment.
The Future of Identity, Money, and Financial Services
Examining how to prepare for the radical shifts that could take place over the next 5-20 years as technologies such as AI and blockchain open up radically new possibilities.
Global Forces and Scenarios
An overview of the major political, security, economic, socio-demographic environmental, scientific, technological, and commercial forces, trends, ideas and developments shaping the next 5-20 years and the scenarios that could emerge.
The Future of Local Economies - Stronger, Sustainable, and People Centric Strategies
This talk explores how to drive high impact local economic development strategies that take account of the forces of changing and emerging future scenarios. It examines how to attract and retain the industries of the future, compete in domestic and global markets, enhance the local skill base, and ensure a vibrant, inclusive and sustainable community in the near, medium and longer-term.