Diversity, inclusion and unconscious bias expert and thought leader
With a specialism in strategy development, communication planning and execution, Hayley’s passion is to help improve inclusiveness, reduce inequality and bring competitive advantage to organisations through the progression and delivery of innovative Diversity & Inclusion strategies.
Hayley Barnard's videos
What Hayley Barnard's clients say
"Hayley was absolutely brilliant. She really captured the audience. I felt she was true. Very authentic, and inspiring!"
"Hayley spoke to our senior leaders from across Europe about diversity and inclusive leadership. She worked with us to understand our challenges and helped us shape the session so we managed to effectively change our conversation around diversity and inclusion. The content was superbly tailored to our requirements with relevant case studies. Hayley's delivery style and clarity of messaging made it very easy for our many non-native English speakers to not only understand the information but actively engage in the following discussions. Her contribution was described as 'inspiring'."
"Hayley's contribution was vital, she demonstrated that Diversity & Inclusion isn't an HR issue but a company-wide opportunity."
Hayley Barnard's 2022 biography
Hayley Barnard’s background
Hayley Barnard is a prominent inclusion thought leader, diversity consultant and keynote speaker. Hayley has consulted with and trained top-level executives throughout the UK and Europe.
She is an expert on Diversity and Inclusion, Inclusive Leadership and Unconscious Bias. She advises corporation board members on how they can become more profitable and innovative through the inclusion of diversity.
Hayley combines the latest research on diversity and inclusion together with her extensive experience. To help a wide range of companies establish what the realities of diversity and inclusion in the workplace will be for them, what their business case is and how they go about moving the diversity and inclusion agenda forward.
In 2017 alone, Hayley has:
- Designed an Inclusive Leadership program for the top 600 leaders at Deutsche Telekom/T-Mobile,
- Delivered a change management program for BAE Systems focusing on ‘embracing difference’ and ‘collaboration’ as a move away from traditional communications around Inclusion & Diversity, and
- Provided board level briefings and senior leadership training for clients including Aspect Capital, Legal and General Investment Management, Lloyds, Skanska, Morgan Sindall, De La Rue, T-Systems and Babcock.
Speaking and presenting
Hayley is a prolific keynote speaker providing entertaining and inspirational speeches for company conferences, annual meetings and associations.
Her aim is always to be highly practical and demonstrate that everyone can immediately make an impact on how inclusive their place of work is through a number of small actions.
Hayley Barnard's 2022 talks & topics
Future Proofing Leadership Skills
Developing leaders to be more inclusive in their leadership and management style is essential for any organisation that wants to see significant progress in diversity and inclusion (D&I). Yet many leaders have D&I fatigue, they either see it as not their problem or that it is simply concerned with positive discrimination, specifically around gender and ethnicity. They don’t have a good understanding of why inclusion is good for them and good for business or what they should do about it.
This session aims to address that. Using inspiring ‘best practice’ stories combined with the latest research including:
- How D&I can help drive innovation and business results;
- Why megatrends in a diversity of markets, talent, customers, risk and ideas require a collaborative and inclusive response.
- How inclusion and collaboration can be a fundamental driver of one’s leadership style;
- What does inclusive leadership look like? How to future-proof your leadership.
- What the barriers to inclusion are (such as unconscious bias) and what you as a leader can do to mitigate their impact.
- How you can shape, take ownership of, and be a role model for your organisation’s D&I strategy.
Practical Inclusive Leadership
Suitable for senior executives and people managers, this session helps leaders appreciate the solid business case for a more collaborative and inclusive style of leadership. Leaders explore ‘what’s it like to be on the other side of you?’ Traits of an inclusive leader are shared and used to inform what actions or small changes need to be made in a leadership style that could have a significant impact on inclusion and drive diversity.
- Diversity is a reality but inclusion is a choice and therefore requires action.
- An updated model of leadership – leading from the centre tapping into the wisdom of the crowd.
- Traits of an inclusive leader: Collaboration/Cognizant of Bias/Curious.
- Various exercises to help delegates to explore current leadership style in relation to inclusion.
- Small changes, big impact to build inclusion via delegates’ communication style / recruitment practices / how meetings are run / mentoring / sponsorship / innovation / customer & supplier interaction.
Biased, Who me?
A light-hearted introduction to unconscious bias which works well for general sessions in a full company conference as it appeals to all levels of employees.
- What is unconscious bias?
- Why and how we all have them.
- How they can conflict with who we are and how we want to be.
- How we can catch ourselves being unconsciously biased.
- Actions we can take to outsmart bias.
Hayley Barnard's 2022 speaking fees
- United Kingdom
Specific fees fall within the ranges shown. These are presented as a guide only and are subject to change without notice.
To get an exact quote for your event, click the button below.