Andrew Grant: Biography highlights
Andrew is a highly experienced keynote speaker, presenter and facilitator.
Full biography of Andrew Grant
He engages with his audience presenting funny and impactful insights on creating a corporate innovation culture. About Andrew Grant is a founder and director of Tirian International Consultancy and author of the breakthrough new book “The Innovation Race: How to change a culture to change the game.” He is also the author of the international bestseller “Who Killed Creativity? And How Can We Get it Back?“
As an executive level global culture consultant and facilitator, Andrew has been engaged by market innovation leaders to help create a culture of innovation and has worked with global brands including:
- Nestle (sustainable solutions for emerging markets in Switzerland)
- Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts (preparing the exec team & GMs for the future of the hospitality industry, Canada)
- Disney (creating compelling ideas for marketing, HK)
- Mercedes Benz (innovative brand positioning, China)
- Estee Lauder (reimagining regional retail models)
- Salesforce (looking at the future of marketing and the customer journey)
- Duke University & UAE Prime Minister’s office (to help Dubai and the region develop future leaders in innovation)
- Boeing – Leading and Recovering from Crisis. (during Covid)
Andrew has also worked with a number of large financial institutions.
Andrew has also worked with a number of large financial institutions.
In Andrew Grant’s role as a keynote speaker, Andrew has been in high demand internationally, including delivering keynotes at:
- Young Presidents’ Organisation (YPO) Global Edge & GLC ROW Conference (Aust) (Europe)
- Four Seasons Hotel International CEO Conference (Canada)
- The World Innovation Conference (France)
- TEDx (HK)
- HR Summit & HR Smart Workforce (Singapore)
- APEC CEO Summit & APEC University Leaders’ Forum (Vietnam)
- Jumeirah Hotels CEO GMs Global conference (Dubai)
He has delivered a series of headline keynotes at extended international roadshows for Fuji Xerox, Salesforce, Citibank, Alipay & Alibaba (Dana) .
Andrew has a wealth of knowledge and experience working internationally and is both globally minded and culturally fluent, resulting in sessions that are always relevant and sensitive to both the local mindset and diverse audiences.
He has co-authored over 30 corporate educational resources, simulations and programs in total, which is used by Fortune 500 companies worldwide. Companies such as Visa use Tirian programs as an induction program for every new manager worldwide.
Andrew consistently receives the highest rated feedback for his sessions due to his creative & educationally sound presentations methods. His significant success comes from the fact that he is not only able to talk intelligently and engagingly about the important elements of creative thinking and innovation but it is easy to see in everything he does.
As a result, Andrew has been featured in a number of international media including BBC and ABC TV along with commercial TV, Reuters, Harvard Business Review, Fast Company and the Wall St Journal.
Watch Andrew in action
South China Morning Post
'Both the book and the 'roadshow' are captivating.'
Czech Republic, 3M (YPO)
'Totally impressed, a great event. It was both logical & fun, with real take aways.'
Chief Executives Guild
'A phenomenal session! The feedback was excellent and many of our members gave this session a 10 out of 10. Really unique in bringing real depth and understanding to innovation. I saw a lot of lights go on today with our CEOs, and this will help our CEOs to be more effective in innovating. Excellent job, It was much appreciated!'
London UK, UBS Investment Bank
'Top marks for helping us ensure that the whole issue of creating a supporting culture that enables our key strategic initiatives, becomes successful.'
'Exceeded expectations, your program made our team more comfortable working with these issues, gave the topic more credibility and it was actionable.'
US Advisory Forensic Services, PwC
'You engaged our teams to really think through the value of creativity in business and about how to create a space that allows you to access that perspectives.'
Premier Partners Global Network, Fuji Xerox
'A truly magnificent achievement, particularity since the audience was from a multitude of cultures and listened in 5 different languages. This event scored the highest feedback in our10-year history. (4.6/5)'
'This was the best program I've ever seen.'
Andrew's speaking topics
How to lead a culture of innovation
Negotiating 4 key innovation culture paradox pairings with polar positioning.
- Liberate: How to unlock a culture of innovation through freedom and guidance Takeaways: Action statements and strategies for building a foundation for innovation culture
- Initiate: How to initiate the innovation process through diversity and focus Takeaways: Cultural principles and practices for exploring the generation of the best possible ideas
- Motivate: How to inspire and engage individuals and teams towards unified solutions Takeaways: Leadership behaviour plans to support innovative engagement
- Transform: How to transform a culture for implementing innovation through flexibility and stability Takeaways: Setting up systems and structures that will support sustainable ongoing innovation implementation
The magic of creative thinking and how to really think outside the box.
Uses magic illusions as an illustration for how the creative thinking process can be blocked psychologically, segueing to challenging people about their mindset and mental models.
The Traveller and the Tourist. Why innovation doesn't always work. Who wins, who loses and who gets eliminated?
Companies like Google may appear to be leading in the 'innovation race', but do they have all the solutions? Our research has revealed that most companies today only have half the story right and that a new perspective is needed to overcome the challenges. This presentation identifies core sustainable innovation strategies for surviving and thriving in 'theinnovation race'. It reveals that by simply changing perspective, new ideas can be better supported through to implementation.
What is Your Innovator Profile? Are you Innovation Ready?
How to identify and develop your individual, your team's and your organization's innovation strengths for maximizing innovation at all levels. Includes a fascinating validated assessment and interactive 'speed dating' and 'in or out' exercises to help people explore their unique perspectives and potential.
The Creativity Process - The 7 Creative Thinking Strategies for Designing New Innovations (Introducing Design Thinking)
How to rescue creative thinking and problem solving -7 enabling 'critical', 'creative' and 'design'-thinking strategies for creative thinking success. Uses real workplace case studies and focuses on developing practical solutions.
Takeaways: Practical tools for coming up with workable ideas and implementable solutions faster PLUS one or more business issues solved using the tools.
Who Killed Creativity?... And how can we get it back?
Why 'design thinking' doesn't always work. Profiling the potential creative thinking killers, and identifying how to counteract these through building creative thinking skills and an innovative culture.
The Monk and the Mobile - The Paradox Theory of Innovation
This session how to lead and manage innovation through successfully navigating the 4 key innovation paradoxes. Practical strategies and the 'polar positioning' tool are introduced to show how to navigate these paradoxical tensions successfully. The fast-paced global adventure reveals how different cultures and companies around the world have effectively managed the key Exploration / Preservation innovation paradox, along with the 4 contributing sub-paradoxes.